February 13, 2010

Health and Happiness

Rob and I had talked awhile back about a way for Kendall to get more interaction with kids her age as she was getting restless at home and bored playing with us all the time. Her and I go to McDonald's every Wednesday after dance and we are forever going to the mall to play at the treehouse. Rob and I also wanted to get ourselves healthier - so to kill two birds with one stone we joined the Y. They have an awesome KidZone for both the kids to be at and Rob and I are able to work out. Our first time was today (minus Kendall though) and we really like the kid area. It's wierd that at this point in Kendall's life I had been back to work for two weeks...Brenym just seems so young still for me to leave him and go to work. Though I'd love working part time right now - sometimes me and two kids ALL DAY wears on me. I need adults, conversation that doesn't involve Scooby Doo, diapers or breastfeeding!!!! When I am feeling overwhelmed I try really hard to remember how much I cried when I had to go back to work after Kendall and realize how lucky I am to be able to stay at home with both of my awesome children. But I will not sugar coat it and say I don't have my moments where I wish I was working and only had myself to take care of and feed. Wow - off on a tangent there......so the girls watching Brenym in the KidZone loved him and when we went to pick him up he was all smiles in a bouncer. The room where Kendall will go has a climbing thing just like McDonald's so I'm sure she will be ELATED the first time we go. And this way - I can actually burn some calories while she plays instead of consuming some calories......but oooh I can't resist chicken nuggets and fries! I am now on the hunt for a cute but comfortable swimsuit for the pool at the Y....so far nothing I have found is "breast feeding mom friendly"...if you know what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment