January 8, 2012

Finger paints




 Brenym has been sick since oh - wednesday????? Yesterday he was out of bed most of the day, but he laid on the couch and/or mommy all but 20 minutes. He wanted to play with Kendall so bad. He kept smiling and saying "what you doing sissy?" Today he was almost back to himself. I've had the finger paints and poster board for awhile now, just waiting for enough time to bust them out. I figured today was a great day. As you can see from the pictures, Brenym wasn't into it. He does NOT like his hands dirty. I put the paint on his hands and he just shook them and screamed like GET.THIS.OFF.NOW. So Kendall took over his poster and hers. She was not afraid to get herself dirty all the way up to her elbows. She loves to do art work. She colored and painted most of the afternoon. 
She also got a haircut this morning. She had been telling me that she wanted to grow it out, which I'm okay with. But I was happy when we went for a trim and she wanted a lot of it cut off. She has beautiful hair, but unless it's all up in pigtails or a ponytail, it is a snarly mess. I wanted to still be able to put it into something because I can't stand seeing hair all in her face. I know her dad doesn't like it short, but he doesn't put it in a ponytail so by the time she comes back to me, it's SUPER snarly! Plus I figure, it's hair, it grows. If she wants it shorter, it's JUST HAIR. She loves it and that's what matters to me. 

2 comments:

  1. You love blogging long time.

    Me like.

    No this is not spam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, I love finger paint!! I forgot about doing that! It's also a lot of fun to fingerpaint with chocolate pudding then they can also eat it!! Maybe Brenym would like it better then :) I'm going to have to break out the finger paint too!

    ReplyDelete