April 18, 2011

But I don't know how to sleep

What a weekend. On Friday ~ Kendall lost her first tooth at her dad's! Her dad let me know that she had lost it - so I made sure to let the Tooth Fairy know. When she got home she had her tooth in a baggy and was oh so proud. She ran out of daddy's car and he was like hey where's my hug peanut? She said "daddy says we have to put it under my pillow and the tooth fairy will leave me 20 bucks." Good to see daddy has a sense of humor - but THIS fairy is on a budget! :) I told her to hurry and put it under her pillow before we forgot and I cannot even begin to describe to you the priceless look on her face when she lifted her pillow and saw money there. She turned around sooooo slooow and her eyes were filled with surprise that I have never seen before. She RAN to Rob and said "the tooth fairy already knew!" PRICELESS. Goes to show that GOOD COMMUNICATION between parents that aren't together is KEY to a happy kid.

Saturday, Kendall's friend from daycare spent the night. M is everything I hope Kendall is when she isn't around me. She was polite to ALL of us. She is not shy at all. I remember when I was younger and spent the night at my friend's - if I wanted something I always asked the mom, NEVER the dad. Dad's were off limits (and I don't know why b/c my dad is the shyest quietest thing ever so it's not like men scared me). Not M - while I was busy making dinner, she had no problem going right to Rob to ask him to help her put a barbie outfit on, for something else to drink or anything else that Kendall made her do. I did have to talk to Kendall about her bossiness. She gets that from me because I was always getting sent to my room for bossing Becky around. Beck and I had an understanding that if she wanted to play with me - she did as I said. Geez oh pete's I was a meanie! Anywho - they had a blast and M made us laugh a few times. Once, while Rob was going to the bathroom with the door SHUT - she just walked right in - Rob was like um hey I'm going potty and she said oh it's okay I'm just grabbing something. I attempted to go shoo her out of the bathroom but I was on the flooring laughing my arse off. I hope none of Brenym's friends EVER do that to me! Then when it was time for bed she told me "i don't know how to go to bed." Nice try honey - but I don't play this game. So I told her that was fine, but she could NOT bug Kendall. She said "well i'm not closing my eyes." again - that is fine, but your mouth does need to stay shut. They fell asleep in like 30 minutes and slept pretty good. They played "dance" and let me tell you that Kendall is MUCH better at her dance routine this year - but the parts she is the BEST at - is when she SHAKES THAT BOOTY. She does NOT dance like a white girl. I gave her and M my camera and here are some of their fab shots.





 i guess they are gangster?



 how bout some zoom girls?
 finally settled down and eating popcorn
 brenym didn't bug them too much - but he loves it on the couch!
I couldn't help but laugh at his "poor me" face - she was combing his hair and if he tried to get up - she pulled him back down by his shoulder


1 comment:

  1. It's about damn time...two posts in one week? To what do I owe this honor!?!??!

    ReplyDelete