April 12, 2010

lots of new

New washer - check
new computer - check
new swingset - almost check (rob is nervous to build it)
i think that's about it for now!!!!

Brenym had his 4 month check up today - he is now only 14 pounds 3 ounces. He is in the 25th percentile for both height and weight. This is strange to me since Kendall was always in the 80th percentile or above. Even though B looks huge to us - he really is on the small side. I started giving him cereal and fruits last week and he loved it. He only gets about half of it down - and the other half is on him.....but he was eating 5-6 ounces of breast milk every hour and a half and I couldn't keep up with him and I felt like he was starving all the time. Now, when we put him in the high chair he knows something good is coming because he gets very excited. It took him a lot longer than Kendall - but he sleeps through the night on a pretty regular basis now. Usually 9-6. Normally once a week he has a bad night - but I'll take once a week over every night being bad!!!! He talks up a storm lately. If we kiss his belly or under his neck or arm he laughs so hard you can't help but doing it again. All I have to do is make the noise that it makes when I kiss him and he laughs. Rob and Kendall put the jumperoo together tonight and he loved it!!! I'm glad we had friends that let us borrow theirs since Rob drove over Kendall's old one :(
Kendall has been testing our patience lately. Everything is a fight. I have been trying to figure out ways to make her feel in control - without really giving her control. I give her two options usually and that sometimes helps. But it seems that if I say the sky is blue - she argues that it's not. My mom tells me this is a girl thing. LOVELY. We had two play dates with the VanderMolen's during spring break and I am sure my mom is right because after talking with Jenn it sounds like they deal with the same issues with Meredith. Hopefully we can find a happy medium b/c I know Kendall and I have very similar personalities and this is just the beginning of us butting heads. Right now her favorite thing to do is use all her stuffed animals and babies as her "students" and she is the teacher. She brings all of them out of her room and into the living room and that is the classroom. When it's nap time or bed time she lines them up against the wall on her bed and makes sure there is enough blankets to cover them all. When she is at dad's she asks Rob and I to make sure they behave. I try using her students as an example to her of how she should act and sometimes I think she gets it. No matter how much her and I clash or her and Rob clash - she still runs in my bedroom every morning with a big smile on her face and says "morning mom the sun is shining let's get up now" and when Rob gets home she runs into his arms to welcome him home. We will both miss this when she gets older.
I can't wait to see how excited she is when she sees our new swingset! The neighbors have one and she is constantly begging to use it - but they are never out using it and I feel that it's rude to just use their set when no one is out. So we have been checking them out and hopefully will be getting one this weekend. Rob is nervous to put it together but I'm sure he'll do just fine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment