May 31, 2010

When one door closes.....

another one opens. Or so we hope at our house! Rob and I are positive our marriage can get through anything. We have made it through a crazy 12+ months that is for sure! For those not aware yet....Rob lost his job last week. Luckily, his talkative, outgoing personality makes him great at networking and he knows TONS of people so he already has another job. And this one he actually ENJOYS and he can sleep til about 545 am instead of getting up at 315 and I must say I enjoy watching TV with him at night - not just with him sitting next to me sleeping....last wednesday was a crazy day for us to say the least. But we are working on getting our ducks in a row and quacking again and things are on the up and up now. Right now our only worry is health insurance. I'm not so worried for Rob and I but I'm hoping COBRA isn't outrageous for the kids. I couldn't handle the kids not having insurance. Last week I couldn't have began to type this without crying - but sh*t happens and we are gonna be fine.
Kendall has her last week of preschool this week. She has done and learned so much this year. The way she writes her name is adorable to me. I will take a picture and post it up here. She forgets the E and some of the letters are backwards...but Ang G tells me this is normal for her age so I'm not worried! She still says something funny on an almost daily basis....last weeks favorites are
1 ~ at dinner she looked at me and said "mom, where did Rob live before we got him?".....um - the pound honey!!
2~ at Meijer someone said something over the speaker and she looked at me totally serious and asked "momma, was that JESUS??"  - yes it was and he said to sit yer booty down in that cart!!!
She has been playing with the neighbor boy who is 6 a lot and it has been great for her. Caleb is 6 but acts Kendall's age so they get along fairly well. He is a tattle taler and that drives me crazy b/c I think I tell him everyday that we don't tattle at our house unless there's blood involved :) ha - this coming from the QUEEEEEN of tattling when I was little. Now I just need to work on Kendall not telling him she won't play with him if he won't do what she wants. I keep telling her she needs to do what others want sometimes but it's hard for her b/c at home - Rob or I do what she wants all the time. So we have been trying to get her to do what WE want when we play - just so she can kinda see what it's like and we can talk her through it. And I was totally shocked when Caleb told Kendall he had to go potty and I didn't hear him go inside....so I turned around and he had whipped it out right next to their garbage can in the front yard and was letting go right then and there!!!!
I spoke too soon a few weeks back when I said Kendall didn't have a mean bone in her body when it came to her brother....last week he was "talking" while she was watching Scooby and he wouldn't be quiet so she "bopped" him on the head - twice....he let out a huge scream and she tried lying and said he hit himself......SUUUUUURRRREEEEE he did. But that only happened once and now when he cries if  one of us isn't in the room the first thing she says is "i didn't hit him."
As for Brenym ~ he is getting so big so fast. He is very interested in what we are eating. He really likes cups with straws and he REALLY likes whipped cream! He still eats anything that comes near his mouth. His next appointment is June 16th and I can't wait to see how much he has grown. He is still a puking fool - and I don't want to fast forward his life....but I cannot WAIT until what goes in STAYS IN!!!! I love listening to him giggle at Kendall or at Rob. He tries talking back to us and it's just the best. I am really enjoying this stage because I know all too soon he will be crawling and then I will be super busy. He is almost sitting up on his own and if he could feed himself with a spoon - he would. He is constantly grabbing at the spoon when we feed him.

1 comment:

  1. Dude! I didn't know that Rob lost his J-O-B...do you need a tater tot casserole? So he got a new job already though, that makes me feel better but you need insurance - do you think we could dress Brenym in a dress the next time he needs to go and pass him for Haylee?

    ReplyDelete