Kendall has been asking me every single day since I bought her a new backpack when the first day of school is. I remember always being so excited to use my new gear too! I'm hoping that I'm not the only mom to a 6 year old who has the mouth and attitude of a 13 year old. If we say we're having hot dogs for dinner she whines that she wanted macaroni and cheese and if we say we're having macaroni and cheese, she wants hot dogs. It's like this with everything.
US: Kendall it's time for a shower.
HER: Is Brenym taking one? I just took one yesterday (um, no you didn't).
And don't even get me started on her requests to pick out her own outfits. Just because the shirt and skirt are both purple, does not mean that they match. I have a really hard time letting this go!!!
We have really started to go back to the ideas from the book 1-2-3 Magic. Between her whining, complaining or arguing about everything, I was at my wits end by the time bedtime rolled around and I'm only with her for a few hours at night! When we get to 3, I get to take those freaky Monster High dolls until the next morning. I figured that asking her to quit WCA (whining, complaining, arguing) or yelling at her about it wasn't working. And one of the many things I learned from my mom was, if one thing isn't working, you need to find something that works. And I am glad because I'm sure Brenym and Rob were sick of listening to the women of the house go at it.
I always thought Kendall was the biggest talker of a child. Until Brenym came along. That kid will talk to himself. I turned the radio off in the van the other night and heard him talking and I said "hey buddy, who ya talking to." And he surprised me when he said "myself mommy." Hilarious. Rob got him these "shooter cars" and he takes them everywhere. He used to carry around his Easter basket with them, but I finally found a cars backpack that he loves so now he carries them around in there. When his daycare lady puts other stuff in there, he gets SO IRRITATED. The second we get home, out that stuff goes. I'm not sure if he has an intuition about my due date nearing or what, but he has been super clingy with me lately. I had plans on Sunday night and he kept saying "i'm getting my shoes mom." When I told him it was just for girls he looked at me with a sad face and said "mommy don't go." I'm sure it makes Rob feel liked chopped liver. But, um, mom's are awesome! ha ha
Found out Monday that I have gestational diabetes again. Must be when I have a girl?!!?! So I meet with a specialist on Tuesday to get the finger poker thing and a dietician to give me tips of what to eat, what not to eat and when to eat it. I have a feeling daily trips to get ice cream are NOT in the diet. I have been trying to eat a lot more veggies, but a carrot just doesn't cut it when all I can think about is a snickers. oooh snickers......



No comments:
Post a Comment