I have been waiting another snow day since I graduated in 1996. Today was that AWESOME day! It took Rob hours to snow blow our driveway - so the kids and I had a blast. We went camping in the living room, and not tent camping - summer camping like at the beach like grandma and grandpa do. So Kendall busted out her shorts and t shirt and took her socks off. I couldn't think of a more appropriate day to wear summer attire. We ate GIGANTIC cinnamon rolls for breakfast - tasty tater tots and chicken nuggets for lunch and then casserole for dinner. Brenym tormented the cats for about twenty minutes - which completely amuses me. We built towers and knocked them over. Kendall practiced writing her name on the wipe off board Rob found. She baked a "soup"~ complete with oatmeal and froot loops.
She even asked Rob to put it in the oven. We pretended to eat it and she just loved it. We ventured out to Target - and I must admit it was the BEST trip to Target ever. There was literally 10 cars in the parking lot. Rob stayed home and did his homework. Brenym did his duty by trying to escape the cart and I'm glad I turned around when I did or he would have been a pancake on the floor and I would definitely not have been getting mother of the year. We got what we went for - skullcandy ear buds for kendall's mp3 player - and I found the color she wanted for half the price only because the package had been opened before. yahoo. I'm sure I'll be busy at work tomorrow - but I don't care. It's been a GREAT day. And as I said to my sister, there are many people who live in Michigan that complain about it - but I'm sure there are people in the HOT states that have NEVER had a snow day - they sure don't know what they're missing!
She even asked Rob to put it in the oven. We pretended to eat it and she just loved it. We ventured out to Target - and I must admit it was the BEST trip to Target ever. There was literally 10 cars in the parking lot. Rob stayed home and did his homework. Brenym did his duty by trying to escape the cart and I'm glad I turned around when I did or he would have been a pancake on the floor and I would definitely not have been getting mother of the year. We got what we went for - skullcandy ear buds for kendall's mp3 player - and I found the color she wanted for half the price only because the package had been opened before. yahoo. I'm sure I'll be busy at work tomorrow - but I don't care. It's been a GREAT day. And as I said to my sister, there are many people who live in Michigan that complain about it - but I'm sure there are people in the HOT states that have NEVER had a snow day - they sure don't know what they're missing!


No comments:
Post a Comment