October 25, 2012

Morgan Olivia

 Morgan Olivia, you flew into this world in about an hour and a half. I woke up around 130 in the morning with some good contractions so I started timing them. They were about 5-7 minutes apart so I decided to call the dr around 2:40. I also called my mom around then to come be with Brenym. Within about 10 minutes of those calls, the contractions were so strong I could hardly stand up. Rob was awesome and ran around getting everything in the car. They got so bad I got a little irrational and told Rob that we were leaving whether my mom was there or not. :) It takes us about 10 minutes to get to the hospital from our house and within that time my contractions got to about 3 minutes apart. I was chewing on the seatbelt and crying. Rob took an illegal left at the Ottawa exit because I was hysterical at this point so it only took us like 8 minutes to get to the hospital. Rob threw the van into park and dropped me off at the emergency room. I was so embarrassed while sitting there because I was screaming in pain and there were people staring at me. When Rob got inside he asked if they could move me out of that room until the nurse got there from OB. I am so glad he did that. Once I got to the delivery room, the nurses stripped me because I couldn't move. Good thing I'm not shy. They checked me and I was already at a 7. Morgan wanted to be here NOW. I asked for an epidural right away and they started an IV of fluids and told me that I had to get all the fluids in before I could get the epidural and I screamed ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Rob tells me the nurse was milking the fluids into me as fast as she could. I say Rob told me because I had a cold wash cloth over my eyes the entire time. From that point all I remember is screaming OH MY GOD IT HURTS SO BAD and then just regular old screaming at the top of my lungs. When my water broke, it felt like Morgan's head bounced down immediately. It was the weirdest feeling ever. They told us that my water had meconium in it so they needed to get a pediatrician in there to make sure she didn't aspirate any of it. That got Rob a little nervous. With all my screaming he also got lightheaded so he went out in the hall and the nurses gave him some crackers and orange juice. I do remember someone asking if I could sit still for an epidural and I said I'd try. At that point, the dr said she wanted to check me because if I was at a 10 an epidural would be useless anyways. And guess what? I was at a 10. I heard her quietly tell Rob that I needed to start pushing. I went ballistic and pounded on the bed and yelled that I wasn't going to push until I got an epidural. The nice nurse whispered in my ear "honey, I don't think you are gonna have a choice." She's lucky I was in so much pain because I may have punched her. Once I started pushing though, all the pain was gone. It felt AWESOME to push. I played tug of war with a towel with one of the nurses and that really helped me with my pushing. Luckily she only took 20 minutes unlike the hours of pushing for Kendall and the hour for Brenym. Morgan came out screaming loudly and she was way smaller than anybody, including me, thought. She is perfect.
We left our house at 3:08 and Morgan arrived at 4:15. She was very ready to meet us :)

 7 pounds 8 ounces and 19 inches long
 Precious baby girl
 The lovely nurse Emily who listened to an hour of my screaming. She also had to try to put an IV in my hand while I was flailing around. She was SUPER NICE the entire time. 

 Papa wasn't in the room while Morgan was born, but he was right outside the door listening to it all.
 Big sissy
 Grandma and Grandpa Berends and my two girls
 Too much screaming and pushing burst some blood vessels in my eye. Fun times.
 He loves her now, but this was his initial reaction to holding his sister.
 Holy crap I have THREE CHILDREN!!
 Kendall has loved her 100% since the second she saw her!

 Proud daddy
 Nana was there to witness Morgan's crazy fast arrival.
 My 3 loves
 First picture of Morgan. She came so fast daddy didn't have time to think about pictures!

Kendall was so proud that this was the outfit I took her home in.

No comments:

Post a Comment